We all know and see all of the local businesses who have had to shut their doors for a second time this year due to #Covid19. It’s just the year that keeps on giving. Here are 8 Ways to Help Businesses Out During Lockdown.
To say that it is soul destroying is an understatement. It’s disconcerting for so many business owners who are living in incredibly unpredictable times. What will the future hold for them, the business, their teams – who knows?
What can be done about it?
You will undoubtedly know of companies that go that extra mile. Here are a few suggestions of ways that you can help them out and lend them some much needed support.
- Leave a positive review online. Businesses tend to streamline where they pool their reviews and recommendations. This might be on Google, Linkedin, TripAdvisor, or Facebook or another online platform. If you can be aware of this, it would be great to put the review on the online portal that will have most impact for their business.
- Write a personal recommendation for someone in your network. I got an unexpected Linkedin review this morning. It made my day and put a smile on my face!
- Shop online. Most businesses developed their businesses during the last lockdown and now have ecommerce websites. They are offering a click and collect service. Or you can simply order online for delivery.
- Buy a gift card or a voucher. This could be for your local florist, bookshop, restaurant, clothes shop.
- Recommend the business to a friend.
- Tag, like, comment and share their business details on your own social media platforms.
- Christmas is coming for many of us around the world. As you are walking around, look with fresh eyes at all the local businesses and see if there is a way to support them.
- Have a look at your contact list and within your networks. Who can you support with a purchase? And don’t be limited to thinking about physical items. Vouchers and cards can also be for services, e.g. coaching, photography, courses, driving lessons etc.
If you’ve other suggestions, please do add them into the comments and help everyone to raise their awareness. Often it’s the simple things that make all the difference.
Let’s keep the #networking conversation going! You can join my mailing list too and I’d love to have you on board.
If you like the article, please do share it on to help someone else who might benefit from this message.